Through a grant from the founding underwriter, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, the center is focusing initially on the following projects:
- Partnership for Patients – An initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of health care for all Americans
- On the CUSP: Stop BSI – A statewide collaborative to reduce or eliminate central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) in hospital intensive care units.
- On the CUSP: Stop CAUTI – A hospital collaborative to reduce catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI).
- Readmissions – A project designed to reduce hospital readmissions occurring within 30 days of discharge.
- TeamSTEPPS – A teamwork improvement system geared towards frontline providers.
- Texas Wake Up and Breathe - A collaborative to join forces to improve care for ventilated patients by implementing state-of-the-art practices to improve sedative weaning and speed extubation.